Tuesday, July 12, 2011

backyard bliss

Last winter I got a bargain on some old patio furniture from Craigslist.  A bench and two wooden chairs were posted for $100.  I ended up talking the guy down to $50.  I was very pregnant at the time, I think he felt sorry for me.  Anyway, I finally got around to staining it.

Before

During
After

After


Here are some tips to getting a deal on Craigslist
Step 1:  Check Craigslist EVERYDAY
Step 2:  Stuff your shirt to look pregnant
Step 3:  Make your offer...it doesn't hurt to ask for a lower price.


This is what it would cost for a bench and two chairs at Pottery Barn, West Elm, and Cost Plus... 
Pottery Barn $1499
West Elm $925
Cost Plus -$380

4 comments:

  1. That looks great Lisa. I took my old table that actually started rusting and was look aged and old and painted it this weekend to match the chairs I have to go out on our new porch..I love taking old stuff and making it new...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey just a quick tip, if you don't want to search CraigsList every day you can go to www.craiggers.com and set up search notifications! It works great for those random things that you are looking for. They will send you up to two emails a day when new stuff is listed. Craiggers is much more pleasant to use in general than CraigsList as well! Happy Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vixen Val, The new patio furniture sounds nice! It's amazing what a little paint can do. : )

    Tank, Thanks for the tip...this will change my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this tip, you did a fantastic job, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete