Friday, December 23, 2011

Rice House takes Craigslist!

I'm thinking of changing the name of my blog to "Rice House takes Craigslist."  My fall project was redoing the living room for as little moola as possible.  We ended up redoing the living room and loft...for guess how much???  You'll never guess!  NADA!  You heard me right.

Just how did we do it?  We sold all our old furniture out of those two rooms on Craigslist and made enough money to redecorate.  We did spend some time sitting on lawn chairs in our living room while waiting for our new sofa to be delivered, but it was all worth it!

Before


After
We purchased a few new items...a couch for the living room and one for the loft.  Almost everything else came from Craigslist.  Here are a couple of my favorite Craigslist finds...
New Pottery Barn Manhattan chair $1,499
PB Manhattan chair in new condition on Craigslist $200
Woohoo!
Wes has been wanting this chair ever since we first stared dating.  Every time I drag him into Pottery Barn he ends up parking himself in the Manhattan chair.

Player piano from Craigslist $80

So, the moral of the story is...if you want new furniture, sell what you have on Craigslist.  Chances are you will end up with more than enough money to redecorate.

 

3 comments:

  1. Nice job! You're a genius. :) Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very encouraging! I need to get to listing on Craig's List! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! I heart Craigslist!

    ReplyDelete