List of things to do when you are home with a sick toddler:
1) Cuddle and read books.
2) Build a teepee or fort. This a a great place to cuddle and read books. : )
3) Blow bubbles.
4) Play in a warm bath. Find some special "sick day" bath toys.
5) If it is warm outside, get some fresh air and take a walk.
6) Give your baby a massage.
7) Look at family pictures.
8) Play some silly games...the sillier the better! "A joyful heart is good medicine..." -Proverbs 17:22
9) If you have a tile floor, draw with chalk. You can mop it up later.
10) Make frozen pops out of Gatorade or juice.
11) Have a picnic in the park or your backyard.
12) Sing songs together. Some fun song with hand motions are:
-Where is Thumbkin
-Itsy Bitsy Spider
-Deep and Wide
-Wheels on the Bus
-I'm a little Teapot
-If you're happy and you know it
-Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes
-Row, Row, Row your Boat
13) Write a blog. I started writing a blog when Lucy was a few months old and I realized that with all the nap-times I needed more "home" hobbies.
|Lucy with the teepee we built when she was sick a few months ago.|