Monday, November 26, 2012

Bollywood

Listening to Bollywood, popping confetti balloons, and eating with our hands are a few fun things we did at Jenny's India theme party!  In a past blog I mentioned that every year my girlfriends and I pick a theme for our birthday parties.  This year the b-day girl got to pick a country and that was the theme for the night.  Jenny chose India...good choice Jenny!

Lots of bright colors and eating on the floor...what's not to love?

Indian food potluck...yum!

Happy birthday Jenny!
Carrie hosted the party.  She did and amazing job decorating her house!  When decorating for an India theme party, don't shy away from bright colors.  We ate around her coffee table and sat on pillows.  I don't have a picture of the ceiling, but Carrie had a bright colored streamers, twinkle lights, and a big star hanging from the ceiling.

Carrie also found out that confetti balloons are a tradition in India.  She filled the balloons with confetti and we popped the balloons over the birthday girl.  It was a mess, but a whole lot of fun!  I'm thinking it will be a new birthday tradition for us...as long as I don't have to clean it up.  : )

It was a fun night and now onto next years birthday theme...movies!  Carrie's birthday is first up and I have a feeling we may be having a Star Wars party!  I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment