Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pinterest Challenge - week 4 - I love Lucy

"I love Lucy and she loves me, we're as happy as two can be..." This song has been stuck in my head all week since we had an "I love Lucy" themed birthday party for Lucy.  I saw this idea on Pinterest a while ago and thought it would be PERFECT for Lucy's 2nd birthday party.  The ideas I saw on Pinterest originally saw came from lilyshop.com .

Luckily since Valentine's day is right around the corner, there was a lot of heart party decor in the stores.  I hung hearts from our light fixture over the table.  I also covered the table in white paper and put some crayons out so the kids (and adults) could draw on it.

I used polk-a-dot material under the cupcake stands and printed off I Love Lucy hearts.  We also played old "I Love Lucy" episodes on the TV while the party was going on.  I also found a Desi Arnez station on Pandora for some Cuban music.

The cutie pie birthday girl!
Here are some goofy pictures from the photo booth...I think I will do the photo booth every year!  It is so easy to do.  We just put up a white backdrop and got a bunch of funny props.
Happy 2nd birthday!  We love Lucy!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable!!!!!!!! LOVE it, and I love Lucy, too!

    ReplyDelete