Monday, March 4, 2013

Pinterest Challenge - Week 10: Chick Flick Party





As I mentioned in my Star Wars post, this year for my girlfriends birthdays we are picking our favorite movies and having that be the theme for the party.  We celebrated Kaela's birthday a few weeks ago.  She chose the movie "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days."
The birthday girl
10 ways to have a "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" party.
1) Lose the guys!  Chicks only.  Not that they would want to come to this kind of party anyway.
2) Get the soundtrack or find a girly station on Pandora.
3) Watch the movie...we had too much fun chatting and eating that we did not have time for this.
4) Have the centerpiece on the table be a "love fern."
5) As Matthew McConaughey says in the movie..."frost yourself." Put sparkles everywhere!
6) Have a poker night...just like in the movie.
7) Play B.S....just like in the movie.
8) Do some quizzes from girly magazines like Cosmo or Elle.  In the movie Andie works for Composure Magazine.
9) Eat vegetarian.  In the movie Andie pretends to be vegetarian.  This worked well with my group of girls because we do have a vegetarian and some diet restrictions.
10) Do some movie trivia...we found out that the movie came out exactly 10 years ago on Kaela's birthday.  How weird is that!?  It was meant to be.

Love fern+poker+veggies+"frosting"

Lovely ladies

Present time
As far as my Pinterest challenge went, I found these pictures as inspiration...


My favorite part from How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days - the poker night scene!
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days :)) ...watched this tonight w my family. I forgot how cute this was.How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (2003)

No comments:

Post a Comment