Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Pinterest Challenge - Week 13: Homemade Taco Shells


I heart tacos.  I didn't know it was possible, but I recently found a way to make them even better!!!  A few months ago while strolling through Pinterest I found a recipe for homemade taco shells on eatingwell.com and some baked taco tips on onegoodthingbyjillee.com.
Homemade Taco Shells
1) Working with six tortillas at a time, wrap them in a damp cloth and microwave for about 30 seconds.  
2) Lay the tortillas on a flat surface and coat both sides with cooking spray.  
3) Drape each tortilla over two bars of the oven rack.  Bake at 375 until crispy, 7-10 minutes.

baked tacos

After that I put my homemade taco shells in a 9x13 pan and fill them with seasoned ground beef and cheese...LOTS of cheese.  I bake that at 400 for about 10-12 minutes. 

This is a great recipe for me because I can make the taco shells and ground beef during my daughter's nap time and just pop the whole thing in the oven just before dinner.

Don't forget to subscribe on the right side of this page if you want to see me complete one exciting Pinterest project every week.  Thanks!   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment