Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pinterest Challenge - Week 16: Crescent Chicken Squares

I'm adding this recipe into rotation!  These crescent chicken squares were delicious and easy to make...my two requirements for keeping a recipe.  I found this recipe on Pinterest, but it originally came from food.com.  I just changed a few things.  The recipe called for olives, but I left those out and added peas instead.



Ingredients:
3 oz of cream cheese, softened
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 cups cooked cubed boneless chicken...I just used a can of chicken.
2 tablespoons milk
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1/4 cup peas
1 (8 oz) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
3/4 cup crushed crouton

Directions:
1.  Blend cream cheese with 2 Tbsp butter until smooth.
2.  Add next 4 ingredients and mix well.
3.  Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture onto 2 "triangles" of dough. Don't separate, so you have a "square."
4.  Pull 4 corners to the top center of mixture and seal edges by pinching.
5.  Brush tops with remaining butter and sprinkle with croutons.  Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 20-25 minutes in a 250* oven until golden brown.

Crescent "squares"
Anyone else hate opening those crescent roll cans?!  I jump every time even though I know it is going to pop!
Look at all that butter!

Dinner time
Thanks for reading and if you want to see me try one Pinterest project every week subscribe on the right side of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment