Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pinterest Challenge - Week 17: 4 Minute Workout

After blogging about food all the time I decided I had better squeeze a workout in.  And I do mean squeeze it in!  I found this 4 minute workout (Yup, I said 4 minutes!) on Pinterest a few months ago and started doing it almost everyday.  So when I'm feeling lazy...which is often...and I don't feel like exercising, I say to myself, "I can handle 4 minutes!"  What usually happens is that I do the 4 minute workout and feel energized to keep exercising.

This workout is said to spike your metabolism and fat burning enzymes to a level that will allow you to continue burning body fat for at least 12 hours later.  It is a great workout to do before you take a shower in the morning.

This is what the 4 minute Tabata workout includes:

1. Squat Thrusts x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

2.  Mountain Climber x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

3.  High Knees x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

4.  Jumping Jacks x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

5. Squat Thrusts x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

6.  Mountain Climber x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

7.  High Knees x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

8.  Jumping Jacks x 20 seconds
*rest 10 seconds

Woohoo...you are done!

Click here to watch the video.

Squat Thrust

Mountain Climber


High Knees

Jumping Jacks

I'm sure I'll be back to blogging about food covered in cheese and butter next week.  Thanks for reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment